Nominations are now being sought for election to the Council of the Australia and New Zealand Society for Geriatric Medicine.
This year seven (7) members are to be elected to serve two-year terms.
- The Rules of the Society specify that each Division have at least one elected representative on Council. A maximum of four elected councillors are permitted from any Division.
- Full members, Retired or Honorary Life Members are eligible to nominate for a position on Council.
- Nominations for Council membership must be both ‘proposed’ and ‘seconded’ by two financial Members of the Society, accepted by the nominee and submitted by the proposer.
- Nominations must contain a brief (maximum 250 words) summary of the nominee’s background and experience which makes them suitable for holding a position on Council. This information will be made publicly available to the membership on the Society’s website.
If an election is required, an electronic/postal ballot will be held prior to the 2022 Annual General Meeting, being held on Friday 17 June 2022 (a comprehensive AGM Notice of Meeting shall be supplied separately). Vacant positions for Council Membership will be declared on that date.
The 2022 Council election timetable is as follows:
- Monday 28 March 2022 — nominations open at 5.30pm (AEDT)
- Friday 22 April 2022 — nominations close at 5.30pm (AEST)
- Thursday 12 May 2022— voting (if required) opens at 5.30pm (AEST)
- Thursday 2 June 2022— voting closes at 5.30pm (AEST)
- Friday 17 June 2022— Annual General Meeting (Time TBC), including announcement of successful candidates.