The ANZSGM seeks to better the health of older people in Australia and New Zealand through supporting the development of health and social policy and advocating for its implementation. Members of the Society play a key role in our advocacy work to influence policy and allocation of resources.
Our Members care passionately about their patients and the opportunity to expertly inform policy about their care. With the input of our members, we:
- develop position statements, policy documents and strategies backed by scientific evidence to contribute to public debate on key aged care issues.
- make submissions to a wide range of public health inquiries.
- endorse policies and guidelines produced by other professional bodies that align with our objectives.
- maintain ongoing high-level relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders across the aged care sector, the medical professions, state and Federal Government in Australia and national Government in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- proactively speak out in the media on behalf of patients and their physicians on topical and relevant aged care issues.
- publicly campaign on key issues through the media, social media, events and engagement with the community and decision makers.
Our policy and advocacy work is developed through the expertise of our Committees for Policy and Planning and Clinical Advocacy and our Special Interest Groups. If you are interested in joining this work or if you would like the ANZSGM to contribute to your organisation’s consultation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.